Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I've been tagged!

Wow, I must be a "real blogger" - Stephanie just tagged me!

You're supposed to come up with ten things about you that are weird. Well, here goes!


1. My idea of fun is doing searches on the local library website. Extra fun is to have two windows open -- one with Amazon, the other with the libary website to see if the libary has what looks good on Amazon. Woo-hoo!

2. I apparently remember WAY more about my childhood, school, kids I knew, etc, than most people do.

3. I almost always remember my dreams, and apparently not everyone does.

4. I love to read movie reviews, even though I rarely see movies. I also love to read book reviews after I've read the book. I think to me it's like having a Virtual Book Discussion group.

5. I am not good at remembering what people look like. I often will see somebody I've talked to once or twice and not recognize them. If their hair has changed, forget it. But once I realize who they are, I will remember their name and just about everything we discussed when we met. Obviously people could commit all kinds of crimes right in front of me and never be caught.

6. I love kids' books and read "older kids" books even when I was an adult with no kids. I also like kids' TV. I was very very excited when I discovered there were Electric Company discs out there.

7. I have never ever met another person who knows more about The Monkees than I do. (They exist; I've just never met them personally.)

8. I'm very very good at remembering song lyrics and being able to name band members, even if the songs and bands are not my favorites.

9. My husband says I would make a great assembly line worker. I like tasks that you just follow the steps and don't have to think. For example, I love to tear down wallpaper. I like things like cross-stitch and color by number that require no creativity whatsoever. It goes without saying that I need music (or Stupid TV) for these activities.

10. I enjoy organizing and sorting things. (I guess this sort of goes along with #9, huh?) When I play with Legos with the kids, I don't usually build things; I just like to make piles and sort by color and shape. I find it peaceful.

Now I guess I need to tag somebody else. I don't know a whole lot of bloggers, so I guess I'll just tag Amanda, my California buddy who also has three little kids and likes the Indigo Girls.

No comments: