Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yes, I AM a real writer!

I haven't written for publication in a few years, but here's "proof" that I'm good ... so you should keep reading my blog, ha ha!

This is actually the second story Guide purchased from me. The older one doesn't appear to be online anymore. The idea is true stories for kids age 8-14 that "point to Jesus."

http://www.guidemagazine.org/storyvault/feature.asp?id=190

Interestingly, the original version was a fictionalized version (where the main character was more cool) that I wrote when I was 14 for a fiction contest (which won second place ... no money or anything; just my name printed in the magazine).

My title for both versions was "The Freaks and the Preps." Maybe by the time Guide got it, it sounded too much like the TV show "Freaks and Geeks." Or maybe they just thought it was a crummy title, LOL!

What was really wild was I able to get a copy of the magazine to the "real-life Steve" who
e-mailed me a reply a few months later.

I'd like to try writing for Guide again sometime, but right now I have so much else to worry about ...

No comments: