Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The second Christmas get-together

My parents joined us for Christmas dinner ... well, it was more like Christmas lunch. For once I did something smart, and we ate while Baby Ben napped.

I made my infamous kugel, and my mom brought a lamb, which was SOO good!



Here's Rebecca with her talking doll, who she named Sally, which was a gift from my mom (in the green chair).



After dinner we were joined by my brother and his family. This is his wife Chris in the middle, my niece Lauren, and my nephew Ryan.



Here's Lauren opening her present from us: perler bead creations by Rachael, and her own stash of Christmas cookies.

I got an e-mail from my mother this morning which said this:

What a dancer Rachael is ... quite the entertainer yesterday ... and she was so happy with the knitting machine ... good suggestion. Rebecca just loved Sally, I knew she would ... she will be a mommy some day ... I will bet on that ... she has soo much love in her to share ... And your choice for Benjamin [a toy rocket] blows me away. I could not have found such a wonderful toy. When we arrived yesterday, he had on only one shoe ... when I said this and asked where his other shoe was, he immediately ran to his room and brought the other shoe to me ... what a darling child ... and such a good hugger ... all your little ones are so amazing to me (and Dad) ... we love them so much.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What great pictures, the kids are so happy and cute.

I like the layout changes, I keep wanting to change mine but I haven't found one I really like, short of paying someone to do it.

justjuls said...

Nice Christmas pictures are great!
I do have some book reviews on my blog - here is one for Searching for God Knows What - http://jewlsntexas.blogspot.com/search?q=searching+for+god+knows+what
There are some others - you have to search around for them! I try to review most of what I read.