Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cooking Day continues ...

You may remember me talking about Cooking Day a few weeks ago.

We have had two more since then. I like the idea and hope to continue.

So far, I always end up making a double casserole with Rachael, bake a double batch of something with Rebecca, then do a double batch of pancakes or French Toast with Benjamin (although he may or may not be in the mood for baking much.) Then we have lunch, and I feel like I had a productive morning.

One time I tried to also make a strawberry pie later in the day, and that ended up being too much. I also ended up ruining the pie because I was in a hurry and got some yolk mixed in with the egg whites. The pie didn't gel right and we had to eat it with spoons.

Right now I plan to have Cooking Day be twice a month.

No comments: