Monday, July 6, 2009

Fun with Ricotta Cheese

It's The Day Before We Go Grocery Shopping, so things are a little lean around here.

I found I had a Pillsbury pizza dough which was about to expire. There was no pizza sauce, but we did have ricotta and mozzerella cheese.

Ah ...

I googled and found Rachael Ray's recipe for White Pizza. I thought it was great. (It probably would be better if I used a better dough.) Kids #1 and #3 liked it, but unfortunately Kid #2 did not.

I had enough ricotta cheese to also whip together a batch of Ricotta Cheese Cookies, which I had never made before. (I didn't make the frosting, but I don't think we even needed it.)




Everybody liked these. The best way to describe it is a "creamy snickerdoodle."

2 comments:

Chris said...

I've got some leftover ricotta...think we might try those cookies today :).

Chris said...

Did your cookies end up looking like your picture of them? Mine were much flatter and never got brown. I ended up cranking the heat and adding some flour to the second batch and they turned out a little better.