Friday, November 2, 2007

Girls' Crafts


Here's another cool use of Aunt Donna's digital camera: taking pictures of things the kids make!
This is a picture of a butterfly cross-stitch that six year old Rachael made.



These are fuse bead patterns that the girls did together. I haven't gotten around to "fusing" them yet. The lighter ones are supposed to glow in the dark.



The girls got "Halloween money" from Grandma and Grandpa Blaske and bought these mosaic kits. Rachael made this mermaid.



Rebecca, age four, wanted to be in this picture with her mosaic princess. Whoops, the princess has no depth perception here! We've since given her a second eye ...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those are pretty cool, I bet Cassie would like to do something like that, she is amy arts & crafts kid :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, those are so cute! I used to make those when I was little, too.

Kristin has been really into drawing lately, and I've been keeping her busy with Kabillion's Little Director. It's a kid-friendly online sketchbook you can find at http://www.kabillion.com/littledirector . Kristin loves to spend hours drawing on the site, and the pictures can even be taken a step further and turned into complete animations, with music, voiceovers and everything!

The site also allows you to buy your child's masterpiece on DVD. My girl's latest movie will make a great Christmas gift for my mom. She'll love it! I only know about this because I work with Kabillion, but even I think it's fun. I'm so happy to share this with my daughter!