Friday, November 30, 2007

Rachael's latest story - Fun at the Park

Rachael asked me to pick a title for her to write a story, so I said, "Fun at the park," and here it is.

I'm curious if there will be a Chapter Two.

She drew several interesting little stick figure drawings to illustrate the different scenes as well.
***********************************************************************************

FRIENDS AND FUN TIMES
by Rachael


Chapter One - FUN AT THE PARK

Around the corner of my house there is a new playground. It seems like every day people are swarmed over it, having so much fun.

One day I went there. There was a big slide, two swings, and a rocking horse, and around the corner from the big slide, two baby swings. I went down the slide. I was new to this park.

I went up to a person. The person was a girl. She said her name was Clara. We shook hands and we were friends.

Then Clara said, "Let's go on the swing." She hopped on the big kid swing. I hopped on the big kid swing, and we swung for an hour.

After an hour, I got tired. I said, "Let's go down the slide." Only once, because my mother was packing up to leave.

After we went down the slide, I was sad. I knew I would have to leave Clara. I said bye to Clara and went to my mother, and we went home.

My mother asked, "Do you want to bake some cookies for Clara? I know where her house is."

"Sure," I said. So I washed my hands and I made the cookies with my mother. They were snickerdoodles.

Then when they were ready, my mom let me eat one. I knew I had a playdate today. I went to my mother and said, "Time to go." My mother said, "Buckle up," and we drove off.

When we got there, I rang the doorbell. Clara answered it. "How nice to see you," said Clara.

Then I said, "Where's your room? Does it have toys?"

"Yes, it does. I'll show you where it is."

So me and Clara went upstairs and into her room. There were toys all over, toys on the shelf, toys in the cabinet, toys even scattered around the floor.

"Can you help me clean up?" said Clara.

I said yes. So we sang, "Clean up, clean up" while we cleared her room.

Finally, the last toy was picked up. "Cookie time!" said my mother. And we ran downstairs and took a cookie.

Then Clara said, "Do you want to go to the park again?" "Sure," I said. So my mother drove us there.

When we got there, I went down the slide. Then my mother said, "Time to leave."

"Why so soon?" I said.

"Because rain clouds," said Clara.

I looked up. There were some dark clouds. So we got in and drove home.

By the time we got home, it was my bedtime, 8:00. Clara said, "Hurray, I get to play some more!" Because it wasn't 12:00 yet.

I said, "Bye, Clara!"

On the way home, I made up a bedtime song. It goes something like this:

It's 8:00, time for bed,
That's my bedtime, so I'm ready [repeat]

When we got home, it was 12:00. I was yawning a lot. I said, with a big yawn, "Maybe Clara will come over tomorrow." while I got tucked in for bed.

Then I said to my sister, Rebecca, "I have a new friend. Her name is Clara." And then before you know it, I was asleep.

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Hey Jenny -
I'll come back and read the story later - but you can go to a website - sitemeter.com and get a little site counter for your blog - mine is about halfway down on my left sidebar - and it tells how many visits you have had to your blog total - and you can click on it every day and go there and see who visits, and where they came from. It will even send you your weekly stats each week!

Stephanie said...

cute story! She is becoming quite the little writer :)