Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rachael won a writing contest!

I'm so excited!

Rachael won an essay contest at Trader Joe's (a sort of organic/healthy grocery store) called "Why I Love Trader Joe.'s."

They called yesterday to tell us. She won a five dollar gift certificate, a pack of cookies, a juice box, and a tote bag.

I won my first writing contest when I was thirteen, so it brought back a lot of memories.

Unfortunately (and stupidly) I did not copy the essay before I sent it in, so I can't print it here, but if you're local, you can go to the TJ's on Johnson Ferry Road and see it yourself. :)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I just came across your blog from a post you shared on Homeschool Share.. How exciting your daughter won a writing contest.. She must be so proud! Thanks for sharing your life with us.. I really enjoyed looking through your blog.. Happy Lapbooking!

Wendy said...

I love Trader Joe's! And congrats to Rachel.