Friday, September 5, 2008

What I've been up

Nothing riveting, that's for sure!

My friend Mary said that she liked reading my blog, because it was sort of like reading People magazine, but about someone she knew. That inspires me to write a little something even though my life is so boring.

I've been watching All in the Family reruns lately and enjoying them very much. I've also been working my way through the last season of Friends, and have about three episodes to go.

Interestingly, I don't watch anything current on TV. I barely even know what's on, and getting two channels doesn't really help. Oh wait, I did see The Office a couple weeks ago, but that was rare.

I've been doing a lot of math and reading games with the girls, mostly from Peggy Kaye's books.

We just finished another lapbook unit, about zoo animals. We also did one on ice cream. (I'm too lazy to take pictures. Maybe someday.)

We all went to Bruster's a couple weekends ago and ate ice cream while the girls showed their lapbooks to their dad, so that was fun. Rebecca says that every time we do another lapbook, we should go to Bruster's, but I don't think we can afford that! Interestingly, the girls declined an offer to go to the zoo.

Tonight is "Wingo Bingo" (chicken wings and BINGO fundraiser) at our church, so I'm looking forward to that. I don't get out much, can you tell? One of my best friends, Ali, will be there, and it's always a treat to go to something where I know I'll get to see her.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad to see you back!
I'm guessing that the girls are staying home?