Monday, May 4, 2009

And the MOTH schedule keeps ticking ...

Well, it was another productive day with our Managers of their Homes schedule. Rachael said this was "the best Monday ever!"

I cleaned out two dresser drawers. Each girl had a private music lesson with me, we did Five in a Row, math, spelling and phonics, and Rachael read out loud to me. The kitchen is clean. Laundry was done and put away. In a few minutes the girls and I will watch the first part of Anne of Green Gables while I cross-stitch.

We did lose some time at around 2:30 when I was getting sidetracked trying to figure out what to make for dinner ... which is interesting, because in the book it even suggests having a weekly menu which stays the same (at least parts of it) so you don't waste energy making decisions about it.

The nice thing is that it doesn't bother me to get behind a little, because we're doing so well otherwise.

I still haven't opened Managers of their Chores yet ... maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Okay--you are motivating me to order MOTH now. Thanks for posting all your experiences with it. I consider myself to be pretty organized, making out a schedule for FIAR/homeschooling, a daily cleaning schedule, meal planning as well--however, when I look back at the end of the day on what I accomplished, it is NOT VERY MUCH!!! In the meantime, my kids have almost an unlimited amount of free time (other than school). This results in a 50/50 type scenario with them being happy & entertained half the time and bored, fighting, and asking for food the rest of the time. What am I doing in all of this??? Getting on the computer 25 times per day. My laptop is on the kitchen counter--can you imagine? I've been feeling for quite some time, that I need to limit myself and I know it is keeping me from doing household things and precious time that I could be spending with my children. I've been thinking about turning it off, so that it's more of a hassle to "just check messages".....anyway, thanks for your recent posts, I think I'm sold!!