Friday, June 5, 2009

Crazy crazy busy week

I wrote last year about how exhausting the week of VBS was. Well, this year was even worse!

I dropped the girls off at church every morning at 9:00 (which, frankly, was somewhat of a challenge in itself). Then I had a little over two and a half hours to run around with Benjamin doing things like:

* Car emmissions
* Grocery shopping
* Benjamin's pediatrician check-up
* Library (twice)
* Laundry
* Returning things to Kohl's (twice)
* Dropping off some resumes at wedding venues (I am a pianist, if you didn't know)


Okay, then pick girls back up at noon, make everybody lunch, home for the rest of the day ....

Except Wednesday.

Oh, and Thursday.

On Wednesday both girls had their dance dress rehearsals at Georgia Tech. Rebecca's was at 2:00 pm, and Rachael's was at 5:00 pm.

So ... on Wednesday, when I went to pick the girls up at church at noon, I packed Rebecca's costume and hair bows, brought a cooler with lunches for everybody, we ate lunch at the church playground, then drove straight to Tech, had Rebecca change, sat through her rehearsal, had her change back, we all drove home, then Rachael got her hair and costume ready, her friend's mother came and picked her up, and she went to her rehearsal, then they went to the Varsity for dinner, and Rachel got home at bedtime.

Whew.

Then on Thursday I had to come home and make brownies to bring to the VBS evening cookout, and then we had to go to the VBS evening cookout, and ... well, now it's Friday and everything over. Except that the girls' dance recitals are tomorrow, and Rachael's is in the morning and Rebecca's is in the evening, so ... well, it's not quite over yet, is it?

I get the impression that some parents live like that all the time. Thank goodness we don't.

Meanwhile, here is Rebecca at her rehearsal:


She looked a little like Cindy Brady, I thought.



Here she is with another girl in her dance class.



Rachael instantly made friends with the other girl's older sister, who she had never met before.



And of course Benjamin wanted to get it on all this too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yep, sounds like a typical week around here! Mmmmm...varsity! It's been a while since I have been there. My (now almost 33) baby sister has been to Atlanta a couple of times in the past year. I'll have to let you know the next time she's there.