Monday, June 16, 2008

Recovering after VBS

The girls went to Vacation Bible School at our church last week. It was a good thing. Rebecca was reluctant, but I think she enjoyed it. They liked the songs a lot, and they enjoyed seeing their older friends (and adult friends) throughout the day as teachers and helpers.

But man, did it wear me out! We were late every day, no matter how hard I tried to leave with extra time. Then I barely had to run an errand or something with Benjamin, then it was time to go get them again ... then some days one or both girls seemed to need to "decompress" a bit and were cranky ... oh my gosh, I'm glad they did it, but I'm so glad it's over.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "you get used to it when it's a regular thing." Well, maybe. But I think I would just self-combust after a few weeks of that.

This morning we are recovering.

Rebecca slept til 9:40 am. I lifted some weights while watching Hannah Montana with Rachael. It's almost 10:30 am and I guess I need to shower and get dressed when I'm done typing. Our "big plan" of the day is to go shopping for a friend's birthday present. That's enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so funny, I thought just the opposite after a week sending my 2 girls off to VBS..."I could get used to this";) of course, I don't have a baby to keep me busy, too. I got to run errands, sit at home and goof off, get my nails done, and clean the house uninterrupted. I was thinking, "hey, full time moms who send their kids off to school everyday have it *made*!";) The girls loved it other than the getting up and going every morning, and Lilia *was* tired and took a little nap every afternoon that week- another plus in my book! They want to do another one next month.

~Nicole