Thursday, June 19, 2008

Breakfast for dinner

I'm sure everybody already knows this "trick," but it's a good one and sometimes I forget, so it's worth repeating:

Try to have breakfast for dinner about once a week.

Actually, we did it twice this week. Tonight I made cheese omelettes (which Rachael loves) and bagels and cream cheese (which Rebecca loves). Strawberries on the side, juice and milk to drink. Works on all levels.

The other night I did something unusual I should maybe do more often: set the table with bowls and spoons, put out several boxes of cereal, including raisin bran, Total, and granola, set a jug of milk on the table, and made a plate of assorted fruit. I think everybody, especially my husband, enjoyed that more than if I'd spent a lot of time making a casserole or some meat and potatoes something.

No comments: