Monday, June 16, 2008

More Sneaky Chef stuff

I am just on a "cooking kick" of sorts.

I made a double batch of "Fortified French Toast" (with sweet potatoes and carrots) from The Sneaky Chef. The only one of us who doesn't like it is Rachael, who doesn't like pancakes/waffles in general.

I also made cocoa chocolate-chip pancakes, which has wheat germ, whole wheat flour, apples and blueberries. Robert said they were too chocolate-y. Rebecca ate them, but didn't want them the next day. One afternoon I offered them cold, as a snack, like a brownie, and they got eaten that way, although nobody begged for more. I'll probably make them again and try to sell them more as cookies than breakfast pancakes.

I also made "Breakfast Cookies" with Total cereal, wheat germ, and ricotta cheese. They were okay, but no one really raved about them.

I've been stirring wheat germ into Rachael's oatmeal every morning. I haven't told her, and she hasn't noticed anything different.

No comments: