Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Who Rachael is these days

Rachael (age 7) was watching Hannah Montana yesterday and saw an ad for the "Kit" American Girl movie coming out next month (with Abigail Breslin).

She decided to "be Kit." She put together an outfit that sort of looked like what Kit wears in the book, and we've been reading some of the Kit books.

You never know what's going to be "the thing" around here at a moment's notice.

This morning she brought me a piece of paper that was folded up and said

FOR MOM
FROM KIT

I opened it, and it said:

KIT KITRIG IS CUMING IN THE MOVES. CAN WE SEE IT? PLES!. IF ITS TO SKARE WE CAN LEVE. OR IF THARS SEVRL MOVES. WE CAN WOCH UNUTHR ONE. IF WE CAN FIND ONE WE LIKE

If you're wondering why in the world an American Girl movie would be scary, it helps to know that Rachael has never seen a movie in the theater (her choice).

Actually, that sounds pretty fun. I myself have been to the movies exactly four times in the seven years since Rachael was born, so that would be great if Robert could stay home with Benjamin and I could go to the movies with the girls.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sometimes DH takes the older 2 and leaves me and the youngest at home. When that I happens I like to go with him to the movies. It's cheaper than 4 people and we like the same lind of movies - Action. Of course the 'action' movies we see together are cartoon, usually, but I look forward to this being "our thing". B/C DH doesn't like going to the movies ;-(