Sunday, June 1, 2008

Renewing my love affair with my crockpot

I'm one of those people who loves my crockpot.

Why?

I love everything into in the morning and then going about my business. I love being able to go out in the afternoon (although we don't do that much) and know that when we come home, dinner is right there ready to go. I love how quick it is. I love how it makes the house smell nice.

Anyway, like everything in life, I go through periods when I use it more than others. Just this week I've used it three times, and it was great each time.

A few days ago I tried cream cheese chicken, which was great because you literally just grab the frozen chicken and slam it into the pot. (Well, I guess you don't have to actually slam it. You could place it carefully and calmly into the pot, and it would still taste the same.)

Then yesterday I made A1-Dijon Steak (from the same blog), which was very tasty and took less than four minutes to prepare.

In about an hour we are going to have one of Robert's favorites, crockpot spaghetti, before we head downtown for the girls' dance recitals!

You put three cups of tomato juice, a small can of tomato sauce, and a packet of spaghetti sauce mix into the pot. Brown some ground beef with onions and add that to the pot. Cook on low for about six hours.

Thirty minutes before it's time to eat, break up ... about 4 oz of uncooked spaghetti and stir it in and switch the pot to High.

Out of the three recipes, this one is actually the most involved, which is pretty funny, because there's certainly not much to it! And I love that you don't have to cook the spaghetti separately.

Am I the laziest cook in the world, or what?

Lazy or not, who cares? It's yummy! :)

No comments: