Friday, August 24, 2007

Children's Museums and Nose Pots

Today Robert took the day off work and we all headed up to Gainesville, Georgia to visit the Interactive Neighborhood for Kids:

http://www.inkfun.org/

It made me realize that I really really need a digital camera. First of all, it would have inspired me to actually bring a camera, which I really wish I had, and second, wouldn't it have been much nicer to have photos to go with this post?

Anyway, it was fun. But you'll have to imagine your own pictures ...

Rebecca served me food in the diner while Rachael played The Ventures on the jukebox and put on a "dinner show" next to my table.

Both girls, especially Rebecca, liked The Beauty Salon. They styled each others' hair and the hair on the mannequin heads.

They put on the dress-up clothes and got on the stage. [Rachael put on a show called "Here's Oprah!" and discussed with the guests and studio audience different ways to save money.]

They climbed in the fire truck and police car and bought and bagged groceries.

Baby Be(a)n was endlessly going down a five-foot slide in the Preschool Room. He also liked the train table.

What was really neat was that you could come and go as you please, so we went there for a couple hours, had lunch at IHOP, then came back for a couple more hours. When we came back we were practically the only ones there.


And Oh! That's not even the best thing about today!

For years and years I've been getting horrible sinus headaches. I've even wondered if they were migraines, because at their worst they make my entire face, shoulders, and upper back hurt, and sometimes even start to make me feel nauseous.

Well, I had one yesterday, and again this morning. So when we went to IHOP, Robert ran into CVS to get me some tylenol or something. He came back with something I had seen on Oprah (and despite her being mentioned twice in this post, I feel the need to state that I really and truly do not watch that show very often at all; usually only when Dr. Oz is on). It looks like a tiny genie lamp, and you fill it with saline water, stick it in your nostril, and, well, pour it in, and, well, let it pour right out the other side.


So I took it into the restroom at IHOP and gave it a try. [Which, come to think of it, would have also made an interesting picture for this post]. Wow! Pain gone! It was amazing.

No comments: