Monday, January 7, 2008

Good Dream Pillow

Last night after the kids were in bed, Robert and I were watching Star Trek:Voyager when we saw Rachael's curly head appear around the corner.

"Bad dreams," she said. "Well ... sort of."

"Bad thoughts?" I asked her.

"Yeah."

I walked back upstairs with her and asked her what they were.

"Falling down the sewer," she said finally.

"Thoughts of you falling down the sewer?"

"Anyone."

When we got in her room, she said to me, "How can I make them go away?"

I started to tuck her into bed and said to her, "Well, sometimes it helps to think of good thoughts .... like the games you and Rebecca were playing today, or how good your favorite food is, or something funny you saw on TV ..."

Rachael tapped her pillow and said, "I think this is the Bad Dream side of the pillow. I'll turn it over to the Good Dream side."

Then she flipped her pillow over and went to sleep.

No comments: