Friday, March 6, 2009

YouTube can actually be useful!

Wow.
I just discovered that YouTube can be useful for something other than watching Schoolhouse Rock spoofs, 70's commercials, and Interviews With Famous People who are Hot (not that I'm naming names.)

I just got some music for choral festival this month, and one piece in particular is, um ... weird. Pages of quintuplets. Changing from 5/8 to 6/8 to 5/8 to 4/4 all in a single page. Markings like "accel. into blur."

I thought it would be really helpful to actually hear the darn thing.

And I can. (And so can you, right here.) In fact, every piece I'm preparing is right there.

This is very very cool. It helps greatly to hear what the emsemble sounds like before I show up.

Here's a couple others I'm playing this month, for your listening pleasure:
Exaudi! Laudate
Diriait-on (this one is quite lovely)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I will make time to go listen to your links, but had to comment (just now before I force myself to Go To Bed) that I Love This: "accel. into blur." Is that what will happen with our lives????