Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ten, twenty, thirty years ago?

I got this from Stephanie's blog:

http://www.learningthroughliving-stephanie.blogspot.com/

Where were you 10, 20, and 30 years ago?


Ten years ago we had just moved into our current house. We had the crazy idea of finishing our basement. We would spend hours together where I measured and cuts the studs and Robert nailed them in. I was teaching music and drama at Webb Bridge Middle School and New Prospect Elementary School in Apharetta. No kids yet.

Twenty years ago I was a freshman music major at Berry College. I was accompanying the Berry Singers on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, which I applied for not knowing they would actually pay me to do it. We were learning Handel's Messiah in concert choir. I had just met the person who would give me my first date and first kiss, but I didn't know it yet. My sophomore roommate sat behind me in Music Theory class, but I hadn't officially met her yet. Was starting to become friendly with Cynthia and Kaye.

Thirty years ago I was in third grade at Jordan Road Elementary School in Somers Point, New Jersey. I enjoyed reading the Bobbsey Twins books and was soon to read and fall in love with my first Judy Blume book, Blubber. I was already a Monkees Fan. It was a year before we moved to Pittsburgh and my Official Childhood Home, and two years before I typed and submitted my first manuscript for publication.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I totally loved Judy Blume when I was a kid, I still have a box of those books I should dig them out :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Deanne said...

I had fun reading this post, and then backtracking through a bunch more. I also have fond memories of reading Judy Blume. Thanks for sharing! I added this to my blog today too.