Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another story about looking old

Nicole (who is so funny and clever she should start her own blog) wrote a funny comment here that made me think of something else:

A couple months ago I was getting my hair done. Now my hairdresser graduated from high school the same year my husband did, so that makes him about 42 years old.

I am 39 years old.

As I was sitting in the chair getting my hair done, another hair dresser who works there walked up and said to my guy, "Oh, how fun! You're doing your mom's hair for her!"

Now, really ...

Many of you know I have some Darned Good Reasons for feeling horrible about how I look recently, and I surely did not need that.

My hairdresser assured me that his mother was another fair-skinned redhead, and that the other person just wasn't looking at me closely.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing about this age, we could appear 5-8 years older. If we had a child at 19, our child could indeed have a school age grandchild. We just started having kids a bit later than others.

Just like at 40, you could have a child and at 45 have a school age child. Either way at 45 we could have a child or grandchild. FREAKY!