Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cleaning out the fridge with The Smiths

I just completely cleaned out our fridge again.

I must really live a sad and dull life, because I always really enjoy doing that. My guess is that it doesn't take too terribly long and actually has a productive and finished quality, whereas picking up the living room and doing the laundry does not.

I have no idea why, but for some reason the whole time I was working, I was singing a song by The Smiths ... yeah, hey, anyone else remember them? It was some song off The Queen is Dead, I think:

And if a ten-ton truck kills the both of us,
To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die ...

Come to think of it, a few days ago (and I also have no idea why) I was singing something from Louder Than Bombs:

Don't blame the sweet and tender hooligan, hooligan,
Because he'll never never never never never never do it again,
Oh, not until the next time!

Oh yeah, you gotta love those Smiths lyrics ...

And a clean fridge.


No comments: