Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby Ben is two!

Benjamin turned two on Mother's Day!

I asked Robert if this means we have to stop calling him "Baby Ben." He said that Baby Ben will earn that privilege when he starts talking. :)

We had a nice little family get-together at my house. Unfortunately my mom was sick and couldn't make it, but my dad and my brother's family came.



Benjamin discovered a new game ...



I am still in search of a decent picture of me that is less than three years old.
This one isn't too terrible. I finally got some new clothes, which I desperately needed.
That helps a lot.


This is my 12 year old neice, Lauren!
She loves everything about wolves and is really good at drawing wolves.
She also likes Webkinz, and I think Neopets too.


Benjamin didn't seem to understand the concept of opening gifts, but he did blow out the candles on his cake.

We made a really cool and easy cake.

You lay a bunch of ice cream sandwiches in a pan, spread ice cream on it, then sprinkle some sort of candy or cookie topping, then spread Cool Whip on top. Rebecca picked Neopolitan ice cream and cherry licorice bites, which, um, wouldn't have been my choice, but it was actually pretty good.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to miss the birthday celebration. BTW, your children will always be your babies...didn't I ever tell you that? Love from your Mom

Anonymous said...

You are gorgeous Jen. Great description of his B-day! I am so glad that you had a special time. I think Baby Ben will last until Baby Ben says that he doesn't like the name.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with pictures of me : )

My sister has made that cake before with the ice cream sandwiches. She pours fudge over the ice cream sandwiches and then tops with cool whip/whipped cream....yum!

I like the name Baby Ben. Maybe he'll want to be "B squared" when he's older : )

Wendy said...

Happy "Birth" day to YOU! ;-) And Baby Ben too!