Sunday, May 4, 2008

Red Top Mountain Field Trip

A couple weeks ago we had, I guess, our first official "Field Trip" with a local homeschool group. It was a nature walk at Red Top Mountain, and we stayed for a picnic lunch afterwards.



My kids are in the middle here, with Risa in stripes and her sister Lilia in pink. We carpooled with them, which was a lot of fun. Risa gets along really well with Baby Ben.



Rebecca took this picture of me. I wear the hat strictly for practical purposes. I can't quite tell if it makes me look feminine and charming, a la Jane Austen, or if it just makes me look like an old lady. Feel free to cast your votes.


Here the kids were passing around the different creatures that kids had scooped out of the stream. Being the wonderful homeschooling mother that I am, I had no idea what they were, nor did I pay attention to any scientific facts about any of them.

Rebecca is in the red Minnie Mouse hat that my parents had gotten her at Disney World.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

oh, wow! my kids are immortalized on the internet;P
~nicole