Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rachael and Pippi

Rachael is really enjoying audio books, which is amusing to me because I've never cared for them. I'm one of those people that, if someone starts reading something to me from a magazine, I start to peer over their shoulder so I can see it too. I always feel like I can't quite grasp it if I can't see the actual words.

I had just gotten Pippi Longstocking on disc from the library. Yesterday Rachael looked at the book cover and assembled some things from her closet (including stockings, of course) that looked like a Pippi outfit.

What time was that ...? Probably about 5:00 pm. Then she stayed in her room and listened to Pippi, while dressed like Pippi. She came out and had dinner with us at about 6:30, then she went back in her room and kept listening to it until 9:00 pm when I put both girls to bed.

She must really like it.

Then this morning she went to go listen to it some more right after breakfast. She came out for about 10-15 minutes to watch some TV with Rebecca, then went back to "Pippi Land" again. It's 9:45 am as I'm typing this; I wonder how long she'll listen to it today?

And yes, she is in her "Pippi" outfit again today. It's too bad her hair isn't longer, or we could do the braids.

No comments: