Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Is there summer break for homeschoolers?

I believe Friday is the last day of school for us. But my kids don't go to school, so does it affect us at all?

Sort of.

We go to a weekly Bible Study that just ended for the "school year" a few weeks ago. The girls' dance classes are almost over, and their recital is in two weeks.

So that will loosen up our schedule and give us more free time. We joined a neighborhood pool and plan to go a lot (because it was expensive and I want to get my money's worth!) The girls will probably go to VBS at our church. Rachael is signed up for Drama Club in .... July, I think. So I guess we are trading the long-term commitments to some different short-term ones for a change of pace.

But other than that, it's business as usual around here.

I believe Sandra Dodd said that you can know that you're starting to understand unschooling when the question, "Do you take off in the summer?" doesn't even make any sense.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Probably but not unschoolers, each day is a new day. I always wonder what they take a break from, oh ya book work, HA!

Where are you Jenny? You've been really quiet, check in please.