Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas MEME

Ah, MEMEs are great: the thinking is done for you. I found this one at Stephanie's site (although I deleted some of the questions due to laziness).


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg nog, but only about 2-3 sips


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrap presents

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
The few lights on our front window are white, but I'm thankful that there are people to take the time to hang up colored lights

4. Do you hang Mistletoe?
No

5. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend right after Thanksgiving

6. Favorite memory as a child?
Oh my gosh! If you know me well, you know not to get me started on childhood memories or we'll be here all week! Here are some things that pop into mind:

- Sledding down the big hill in our backyard in Pittsburgh
- Making a Christmas tree with my mom that's basically a big, conical popcorn ball decorated with gumdrops on toothpicks
- The Christmas chorus concerts at Johnston Elementary (yes, I can even still sing of the songs; how weird is that?)

7. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Most of our ornaments are ones the kids made, gifts from my students, or handmade presents over the years from my old college roommate, Anne

8. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it, miss it, wish the kids could have more of it

9. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but I prefer roller skating

10. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yeah, my kid not dying when she was in ICU during Christmas 2005, hey, how's that for a gift?


11. What tops your tree?
It's Rebecca's job to put the star on top

12. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I like them all, but a couple favorites are Little Drummer Boy and Do You Hear What I Hear (which we sang at the fourth grade chorus concert at Johnston Elementary)

13. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Yuck

14. Favorite Holiday Movie?
A Christmas Story, but unfortunately I'm the only person in the family who likes it
I also really like Charlie Brown Christmas. and Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, if anyone remembers that one

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are funny, deleted some cause your lazy, LOL!

Anonymous said...

I remember that hill and I want to know which Johnston elem songs? I remember one about being a doll. I also remember practing either before or after school because I walked home (or to school).

Kim

Rebecca said...

Do either of you remember the popcorn popping on the apricot tree song? 5th grade, I think it was. Maybe 4th. Remember?

Jenny said...

Birds and bees and flowers will all agree
That there is nothing like a popcorn tree
It wasn't really so, yet it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!