Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our guest writer for today

[As we are still not completely healthy in this household, I have called on seven year old Rachael, who is not currently ill, to take over the blog until we all recover.]

The Mystery Princess
by Rachael
(a book for teenagers)


Chapter One -- News of the Ball

Anna was frustrated and was tied from the ball that she had been invited to and the ice skating she had practiced really hard on. They were both on the same date.

At this particular moment, Anna was walking up and down the hall of her house. Her hands were folded and she was thinking hard. But then she suddenly thought to herself, "Ice skating is nothing. But a ball would be really fun and fancy." She made up her mind to go to the ball instead of her ice skating class.

Later on she was cross-stitching and thinking of the great decision she had made. She had told the people in charge of the ball that she was going to the ball. The king and queen were delighted. They were always happy whenever they got new customers for the ball.

Just at that moment, Anna's little sister Grace walked in and said, "What are you doing?"

"Shush, Grace. I have a problem on my cross-stitch."

Grace said, "You're always cross-stitching! I want you to play Follow the Leader with me."

Anna said, "And you're always playing Follow the Leader. Anyway, I'm almost finished. Seventeen year olds always enjoy doing cross-stitch."

Anna was seventeen years old, but acting like she was twenty. Grace was four years old, and as Anna always says, she's always playing Follow the Leader.

"No!" Grace said. "I want you to play NOW!"

"Stop complaining!" said Anna. "Look, you made me do a mistake."

Grace came over to see.

"I don't mean that kind of see. I mean 'see' because I want you to be sorry."

"I'm never sorry for you," said Grace, as Anna shouted, "Mother! Grace is bothering me!"

Mother came in and said to Grace, "Grace, Anna's busy. You can play Follow the Leader with me."

As Grace ran over to play Follow the Leader, Anna's cat came into the room to be petted. "I have no time, Sooty. I have to do my cross-stitching."

Sooty looked up and did a sorrowfully meow and Anna gave Sooty a pat. "I know you feel bad. But you'll just have to wait."

[Stay tuned for Chapter Two - Going to the Ball]





No comments: