Sunday, December 21, 2008

Where I've been

I read recently, "My biggest blog pet peeve is people blogging about why they haven't been blogging lately."

Good point, but in this case I think it's okay.

We were in Disney World for a week. I thought we'd have WiFi there, but you had to pay ten dollars a day for it. Everything cost an absolute fortune there, and yes, I know it's silly that it should surprise me. We were going to have our laundry sent out, but then saw the price list and quickly calculated that it would cost over a hundred dollars to do about 3 days' worth of laundry! So instead I used the coin-operated machines, which was still pretty pricey -- $4.50 a load!

How was the trip, you ask?

Well ... four out of five of us (including me) got a stomach virus. Rachael was the only one unscathed.

Now we are home.

And I'm going back to bed.

2 comments:

Alicia K said...

We go to Disney once or twice a year and every time we go I think back to a trip 4 years ago when we all had the stomach flu at Walt Disney World. It was such a horrible vacation ... I cannot even stand to look at the pictures as we all look so sick! I have become a major germaphobe now before we leave on a trip to Disney.

Anonymous said...

Your Mom and Dad hearts were broken that we were not able to go with you as anticipated. Thank God for the wonderful trip insurance. You had a doctor immediately when needed in the Grand Floridian hotel room..and we've gotten all the money back for our part of the trip because I have been ill for a month. Praise Him and love Him for all He has given to us. In the good times and the bad..