Friday, January 16, 2009

I just played an entire Oratorio!

Yes!

I did!

Not all in one sitting. And, sadly, not for an audience.

But I still think it's pretty cool.

I'm in-between Christmas Concert Season and Spring Festival Season (which they now call Large Group Performance Evaluation, sheesh), so I have nothing, musically, to work on right now.

I own the entire orchestral reduction for Handel's Messiah, and over the last week, started on page one and went all the way through until eventually I got to page 250 at the end.

I didn't realize how much of it I was not familiar with. We performed a good chunk of it in College Concert Choir, and I've played most of the arias myself For No Real Reason, but there was a lot in there I didn't know.

So!

Now I'm kinda itching to get the score to Mozart's Requiem and trying that one next. I wish they had stuff like that at the library.

No comments: