Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My New Obsession -- The Big Bang Theory!

No, not the actual scientific theory.

Are you kidding? I can't even name the planets in order.

No, I mean the TV show called The Big Bang Theory!

I first heard about this show from my dear friend Ali over a year ago. She told me it was funny, and that Bare Naked Ladies did the theme song (always a plus) and that "the guy who played David from Roseanne is in it."

Well, yay. I'm there.
But unfortunately, we got about three channels, and CBS was not one of them.

But now something has changed -- is it that High-Def stuff? -- and now we do get CBS, and a couple months ago I started taping BBT. Now I am finally getting around to it, which means I can plop on the couch after the kids go to bed and watch three episodes at a time, skipping commercials ... aah, the joys of modern technology.

And here's the best part:

Robert has watched it with me a couple times, and he likes it too.

We almost never have TV shows we both like: He tends to like things like Nova and Apocolyptic Movies, while I tend to like things that are Not Nova and Apocolyptic Movies.

(We did enjoy watching Friends together at times, although if it weren't for the Joey character, I don't think he would have cared much.)

So this is cool.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Okay, so one of my dear friends here in Durham is married to another one of my dear friends, and that (second) friend has very unusual taste in television viewing. Elizabeth has reported to me that Roberto likes to watch The Howard Hughes Holiday Lecture Series.

There may be more to the title than that, but I can't remember it. And besides, what I've given you is enough.

Nova, huh? I guess it could be worse.... :)