Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Countdown to school

Rachael has her "day of school" next Monday.

I asked her today if she was still excited, or nervous, or both. She said both.

"What are you nervous about?" I asked, thinking she might say that she was afraid kids would be mean to her, or that she would feel left out, or wouldn't know what was going on or how to do the work.

She said, "I'm nervous that it's gonna be a bunch of boring stuff."

When I asked her what part of school she was most excited about, she said, "Lunch!" Isn't that funny? As if she normally never eats lunch. Then she said, "And recess!"

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You know many schools have cut recess way back, some like 10 minutes a day.

I hope it is a regular school day and not one of those *fun* days because it's St. Patrick's day.

Jenny said...

Oh yeah I asked about that, and was told the only thing that made that day "different" is that the kids are wearing green instead of their school uniforms

Stephanie said...

Are you nervous??? Gosh I am :)

Let us know how it goes although one day really isn't enough to know what it's really like day in and day out.