Friday, March 28, 2008

The Kindergarten Test

I always find something interesting when I tidy up our playroom.

Just now I found this. (The italics are mine):

************************************************************************************
KINDUGRDIN TEST


DOW ESTR BUNES HID THE EGGS OR FIND THE EGGS
(Do Easter Bunnies hide the eggs or find the eggs?)

A. FIND THE EGGS
B. HID THE EGGS

IS HORTON A ELUFINT OR A DER
(Is Horton an elephant or a deer?)

A. A DER
B. A ELUFINT

WUT DOW FIR MEN DOW
(What do firemen do?)

A. POT OWT FIRS (put out fires)
B. BAC BRED (bake bread)
C. DOW THE LONDRE (do the laundry)

RUMEMR THE STORE DID JACK AND JILL CLIM UP THE HILL
(Remember the story - did Jack and Jill climb up the hill?)

A. YES
B. NO
C. YOU DONT NOW

The correct answers were marked. I could picture Rachael making the test and giving it to Rebecca, although I don't know that for certain.

A few things I noticed:

- Rachael's printing has word spacing now, which she didn't a few months ago
- That's a lot of writing for a six year old
- There were question marks in-between the questions. I'm not sure if they were decorations, or is she doesn't know exactly how a question mark is used
- I just thought the whole thing was pretty clever! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

* clever, and a huge amount of writing for a 6 yr old...also, very, very clever to think of a question, and then think of alternative answers...I love the fireman one! Great sense of humour shining through.

Stephanie said...

She is definitely writing a lot, she is so creative Jenny.