Monday, March 17, 2008

Rachy goes to school!


A few weeks ago Rachael told me she "wanted to try school to see if it was fun."

The staff at our church's school was kind enough to let her come in for one day -- today! Her she is this morning, with her reading book and her lunch!

She said it was fun. She said some parts were boring ... like Spanish, because they sang songs she didn't know in Spanish. And she said that in PE they did tests, like how many sit-ups you can do, that kind of thing. But they also did a game called, "What time is it, Fox?" and she liked that.

It sounds like the kids were very nice and helpful and friendly to her. Robert dropped her off in the morning, and he said it was kind of like she was a celebrity. A lot of kids knew her from Sunday School, and were gathering around saying, "Rachael's here today?"

What cracked me up was at the end of the day when we were walking out to the car. Rachael said to me, "I can't believe people do that every day!"

Then later, she said, "School is long!"

I said to the girls, I think Rebecca feels the same way you probably do, Rach ... I think she liked having you gone, but she's glad it was just for one day."

Rebecca nodded and said, "Yes."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I sure hope this means that she will be staying home!

Stephanie said...

Jenny DELETE that first message I went to their profile, it's spyware.

Anonymous said...

How can she possibly go to school when there is far too much to do (and learn) at home?
When ds was 7 he announced he would like to go to school- he had always been terribly anti...we talked about it a little, but he wasn't aware everyone to go for 6 hours- he was thinking maybe 1:30-2pm (lol).

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the blog, Jen -- keep it up!

-- the other Benjamin