Monday, April 14, 2008

American Girl dolls!



Several weeks ago my parents took the girls to the American Girl doll store ....
oh, I'm sorry, I mean the American Girl Bistro and Boutique!

Rachael is above holding her Julie doll, which is the 1974 doll.



Rebecca picked Mia, which is the 2008 Doll of the Year (meaning you can only buy Mia and Mia Accessories in 2008, a clear marketing strategy.)

Mia had lost her skirt that day; we since found it.



And here's everybody!

The girls love these dolls! (Which is a darn good thing, since they are almost a hundred dollars each.)
I often hear them say, "Let's go play Mia and Julie!" and run in their room and shut the door.

Each doll comes with a book, but Rachael told me they don't care about that. "We like to make up our own stories about them," she told me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

justjuls said...

That is so awesome. Your girls are lucky to have such great grandparents to take them on outings.
I love the Julie doll - figures I would being a 70s girl and named Julie myself.

maura said...

you girls must be happy with your american girldolls your friend maura