Friday, April 11, 2008

Babies Puzzles and Peanut Butter

This is a cute story, but I think there could actually be a deep lesson about learning and growing and developing here ....

When Rachael was about one and half to two, she called the library, "Babies puzzles." When we drove by it, she would yell, "Babies puzzles!" When she woke up from a nap, she would say, "Can we go to babies puzzles, Mommy? Please Mommy please?"

Well Robert and I thought that was so cute, we wanted it to last as long as possible, so we went out of our way to NEVER say the word library, to her or to each other.

Well guess what? Before she turned three, she ALWAYS called it the library.

Rebecca did something similar when she was one or two, where she called butter "peanut butter."

ie: "I want peanut butter and bread" meant she wanted bread and butter.

We started calling it peanut butter too, almost without even realizing it.

That was a little different though, because Big Sister Rachael actually taught Rebecca which was which: "Rebecca, the yellow one is butter. The brown one is peanut butter."

Either way, like most things around here, I mostly stay out of the way and let learning happen. And both girls fully understand butter, peanut butter, and the library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.