Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rachael's Family Picture

It's always interesting to see how the girls come up with projects and assignments (although of course we would never actually call them that) that are more interesting that anything I would come up with.

This morning after breakfast, Rachael got a blank piece of paper and told me she was going to draw a family picture. I, being boring and of little originality, assumed she meant a drawing of our family, which seemed like a nice idea.

She gave me the paper and asked to me to write FAMILY PICTURE at the top "in block letters." I did the best I could.

Then Rachael made five squares on the paper and labeled them:

RACHAEL
REBECCA
LAMMY
ROBRT
JEN
(which made me feel very Atticus Finch-like)

I thought it was interesting that Baby Ben didn't get a square, but Lammy, Rachael's stuffed animal, did. I guess Lammy can draw and Benjamin can't.

The square was for each person in the family to draw their own picture -- hence, a family picture. So Rachael drew a picture in the square with her name in it, I drew a picture in the square that said "Jen," and so on.

It is now hanging on the refrigerator, with only the "ROBRT" square still blank.

No comments: