Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A nice full day

I'm not sure what happened yesterday -- and I'm afraid it might not ever happen again! -- but I had an unusual burst of energy and we had a great day and got all kinds of things done.

Rachael and I had a "piano lesson" before Rebecca woke up. She learned a piece out of the Faber Primer and we did the duet. Later in the day she was playing the same song and singing the words with it.

Rebecca and I worked together on an Usborne Math Sticker book.

Rachael played with Legos before we left to go to a homeschool Lego Club, and then Rebecca played with Legos after we got home. Interestingly, neither girl touched a Lego while we were actually at the Lego Club.

I read to both girls a chapter from the Fairy Realm series, and a chapter from a Junie B Jones book.

At the Lego Club, the girls did crafts while the boys did Legos. (That was not the rule or anything; just what the kids chose to do.)

Rebecca made a few construction paper "prize ribbons" and Rachael made the front and back cover for a book called .... Tinkerbell and Friends? Something like that. After the Lego/craft time, we had lunch together and kids played outside for a while. It was fun; it was our first time, and we'll hopefully do it again.

On the way home, Rachael really really wanted her own Bible, so we stopped at Family Christian and got her one. She was very excited about it. We were lucky to find a pink Princess Bible that came with fabric markers, and when we got home she colored in the picture. Wow ... I never knew a Princess Bible was an option when I was a kid! :)

The girls dug for earthworms outside in the afternoon. Rebecca said they found two.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but maybe that's it. I did a load of laundry as well.

I know I didn't mention Benjamin at all ... he just kind of goes along with what we're doing, entertaining himself with something. Lately he's learned to get the carton of half and half from the fridge, open it and drink it, and I swear he says, "Mmm, good!"

Yes, you'll be making a note not to drink coffee at our house. Actually, we use the half and half to put in our oatmeal, so you might not want to eat oatmeal here either.

No comments: