Monday, April 21, 2008

People Country Clubhouse

The girls are hard at work this morning, making a corner of their playroom into a clubhouse.

We recently read The Berenstain Bears and No Girls Allowed. The boy and girl cubs (who live in Bear Country) each made clubhouses with signs saying, "No Boys/Girls Allowed."

So the girls' signs say, "People Country Clubhouse. No Boys Allowed."

It's kind of funny, because the whole point of the story was how they shouldn't exclude other people that way.

What's also funny is that they are using the back, crummy corner of the playroom, where the ultilty shelves and vaccuum cleaner and everything is jammed.

Anyway, they've been loading it up with toys, pillows, and lot of signs. A few signs are about Recycling being good for the earth. I think they got that from another Berenstain Bears book. (Sad to say, they probably didn't get it from me, since recycling and "going green" is not one of my strengths in life ... which reminds me, I need to buy more paper plates.)

Benjamin hung out upstairs with me while I cleaned the refrigerator. I've noticed I refer to cleaning out my refrigerator often in this blog, and I was wondering why that it. I think it's because it's one of the few things I ever do that makes me feel accomplished.

[Oh wait, Rachael just came up and said the recycling stuff is from a Junie B. Jones book. One of their signs is a picture of Dan Dan the Soda Can, and the sign says RECYCLING MAKES SENSE. Just like in the book.]

No comments: