Monday, February 18, 2008

Hm, maybe I'm not needed after all ...

Tangent:
I'm sure not one reader knows what I'm talking about, but the expression "not needed" always reminds me of that Monkees episode where Peter copies a painting and adds Mike's hat:

Bad Guy: The hat's not needed.
Peter (smiling): It's Mike's hat. It's knitted.
Bad Guy: I know that it's knitted, but it's not needed.
Peter: How did you know it was knitted?
Bad Guy: I can see that it's knitted, but it's not needed!
Peter: Oh! For a minute I thought you knew Mike!

Anyway!

I had a fever for the better part of about three days, and am still not a hundred percent. Fortunately, it was the weekend and Robert could do everything!

Boy did he make me look bad. The house, including the kitchen, was spotless. He vacuumed, did 4-5 loads of laundry, had the girls completely clean their rooms and the playroom, packed everyone up and picked up several things at Target ... cheez! From what I saw and heard, everybody seemed pretty happy ... a little too damn happy, if you ask me! :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's only because he doesn't have to do it everyday, my dh said take it from someone who knows. He had to do everything while I was delirious with fever. Somehow he delegates and the kids help him out and he doesn't do everything mom does so they are more self sufficient.

Robert probably couldn't keep up that pace everyday, sheesh I can't do it everyday :)

They need you hon!

foundthings said...

what stephanie said! if you don't do it everyday they tend to think its SO easy to keep up!! LOL

you are needed!

Anonymous said...

I remember that Monkees episode. I am partial to the "What"... "Not What"... "Not What What" dialogue though.

I use it on my kids a lot.

Deanne said...

I "third" what Stepanie wrote. We all do great with novelty, but when it becomes mundane, then the real challenge starts. My DH needs reminding sometimes of the 3 months I worked full-time and he stayed home with our first child. Everyday when I came home, he would grab the car keys from me and run. ;P