Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A house full of energy and enthusiasm



We got home from Community Bible Study this morning and Rachael immediately ran into the playroom and shut the door. A few minutes later she said, "Rebecca, look! I found something on the stairs for you!" and brought Rebecca the note above. ("Your first clue will be in the playroom. Look all over to find it.")
Meanwhile, Rebecca was drawing on the kitchen floor. She said she was doing her homework for Miss Cupcake. She wrote Miss Cupcake's name, drew a picture, and wrote and recited out loud:
1+1=2
2+1=3
4+4=8
Then Rebecca dug a ruler out of my drawer and told me the piece of paper was "12 long."
I think the "treasure" was some money in a box. I never actually saw it though ...
Right now Rebecca is dressed as Dorothy and Rachael is Glinda the Good Witch. (They've never even seen the movie.)
Earlier they were pretending to go to Disney World, riding rides, singing "It's a Small World" and "Toyland."
Baby Ben has been playing with his toy rocket and toy toolbox. Also opening and closing doors.
I think I hear Rachael on the phone now; she must have called my mom.
It just never seems to stop around here ... the playing, the enthusiasm, the energy, the ideas, the creativity.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Jenny, I enjoy reading about your kids :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your kiddo's have loads to do...I lvoe the imagination of your little girls- I think we would love to have them come play :0)

Sandra Dodd said...

I love kid-writing! I like that she started to spell "over" with an "o" and changed her mind.

UVR is plenty understandable, though, in context.

Very cool.