Saturday, February 9, 2008

Kit, an American Girl

I'm not sure how they found us, but a month or two ago, we got a catalog for American Girl dolls at our house. The girls love to look at and tell me what they want (which is almost everything.)

Since the dolls are about a hundred dollars each, then more for extra clothes and accessories, and since they're for ages "eight and up," I cheaply decided to get the books out of the library for now instead.

So a couple days ago we started reading about Kit, from 1934.

Yesterday Rachael put on a hat and pretended she was Kit. She got on the computer and typed and printed her own "newspaper story" like Kit does.

It looks like this:


the howrs are coming

i cant wat i hop we can bild a tree hows i hop wil hav los uv fud mad by kit


The book is pretty neat, by the way. I would loved all the American Girl stuff myself when I was about eight or nine.

No comments: